Re: Rejecting weak passwords

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Rejecting weak passwords
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> But the main point is to hide the cleartext password, in any case.

> What if we added a GUC that only allowed password changes via an SSL
> connection.

How's that help?  The user has already exposed their new choice of
password to any hypothetical eavesdropper.  Of course, if they're smart,
they'll pick a different password before they try again on a secure
connection ... but good luck hoping for that.

(And, again, there is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED for us to put such debatable
policies into the core.  Anyone who thinks that's a good idea can have
his password-check plugin enforce it.)