No suitable driver error trying to connect to postgresql from jdeveloper

От syg6@yahoo.com (Robert Bowen)
Тема No suitable driver error trying to connect to postgresql from jdeveloper
Дата
Re: No suitable driver error trying to connect to postgresql
Список pgsql-jdbc
Anyone have this problem? Usually it is because of a classpath error
but I have copied my jar file(s) into the jdeveloper/jdbc/lib
directory (where the oracle jdbc drivers are ...) and tried the
following:

Connection Type : 3rd Party JDBC Driver

Username and password correct (verified using pgAdmin)

Driver class : org.postgresql.Driver

Classpath : I have tried all 4 drivers that come with postgresql 7.5
-- pg74.214.jdbc1.jar, jdbc2.jar, jdbc2ee.jar and jdbc3.jar.

url : localhost:5432 (this works in pgAdmin)

... no dice. Any clues? My connection to Oracle 9i from jdeveloper
works fine ... As does my pgAdmin connection to postgresql ...

Many thanks!
syg