Re: Should core decide the name?

От Dawid Kuroczko
Тема Re: Should core decide the name?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 8/31/07, Ron Peterson <ron.peterson@yellowbank.com> wrote:
> I'm going to repost the question I posed in my last email as the start
> of what I'm hoping might be a thread to end this discussion.
>
> Are you willing to accept the resolution of the naming question as a
> pronouncement from core, who can decide the matter amongst themselves
> however they see fit?
>
> +1 for me.

Personally I feel that it goes without saying.  They [the core] do most
of the work, and they do excellent work, so I feel confident that whatever
they choose will be for the best.  They should be the ones to decide
such important matters -- it is their blood and sweat in the source code. :)

I don't want to say that community has no voice in it -- it has, and it
is important, just as the community is important for our favourite RDBMS,
but I would hate to usurp power over Core. :)

   Regards,
     Dawid