Re: List of regional contacts up, please revise!

От Dawid Kuroczko
Тема Re: List of regional contacts up, please revise!
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:55:55 +0000, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I disagree... Most European countries currently have a very clearly
> defined second language - not always the ones that people might expect
> either; Hungary and the UK were somewhat exceptional for differing
> reasons. This isn't true of individuals, but is currently true of entire
> countries - of course, journalists either do or do not speak particular

Uhh?  That's a news for me.  I know there is for instance Switzerland
which IIRC has four official languages, but then again I do not think
'most European' have it.  I certainly cannot name one for Poland
for instance -- sure, most people doing something with PostgreSQL
will speak English (the lingua franca of computing ;)), but then again
most peolpe would feel aghast if they saw Polish PostgreSQL
information in English.  I _think_ this statement is also more or
less true for most of Central Europe. :)

   Regards,
      Dawid