Re: Is pg_regress --use-existing used by anyone or is it broken?

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Is pg_regress --use-existing used by anyone or is it broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 30 Aug 2023, at 00:33, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 2:53 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>> Having looked a bit more on it I have a feeling that plain removing it would be
>> the best option.  Unless someone chimes in as a user of it I'll propose a patch
>> to remove it.
>
> -1. I use it.

Thanks for confirming!

> It's handy when using pg_regress with a custom test suite, where I
> don't want to be nagged about disconnecting from the database every
> time.

I'm curious about your workflow around it, it seems to me that it's kind of
broken so I wonder if we instead then should make it an equal citizen with temp
instance?

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Сообщение: Re: Is pg_regress --use-existing used by anyone or is it broken?
Сообщение: Re: Is pg_regress --use-existing used by anyone or is it broken?