Re: How to prioritise walsender reading from pg_wal over WAL writes?

От Alexey Bashtanov
Тема Re: How to prioritise walsender reading from pg_wal over WAL writes?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> I would first determine where the bottleneck is.
>
> Is it really the walsender, or is it on the network or in the standby server's replay?
It is really the walsender, and it really is the performance of the WAL
storage on the master.
> Check the difference between "sent_lsn", "replay_lsn" from "pg_stat_replication" and
> pg_current_wal_lsn() on the primary.
Yes I've checked these numbers, the lagging one is sent_lsn.
It doesn't look like it's hitting network capacity either.
When we moved it to an NVMe as a short-term solution it worked fine.

Best, Alex

От: Frits Jalvingh
Сообщение: Re: Postgres using nested loops despite setting enable_nestloop to false
От: Nandakumar M
Сообщение: Simple update query is slow