Re: misleading state of pgdg packaging for EL 7

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: misleading state of pgdg packaging for EL 7
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Julian,

On Mon, 2024-04-15 at 13:22 +0200, Julian Markwort wrote:
> 2) The installation instructions here allow to choose a combination of
> PG 16 and EL 7 (PG > 12 and EL 6 could also be
> chosen), producing some instructions that would result in failure to
> install things:
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/

I reported this to -www team last year. They need to fix it.

and yes, we don't support PostgreSQL 16 on RHEL 7. I'll also stop
pushing non-PostgreSQL updates in June this year on this platform.

Regards,

--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor