Re: So, can we stop supporting Windows native now?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: So, can we stop supporting Windows native now?
Дата
Re: So, can we stop supporting Windows native now?  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 31 March 2016 at 07:49, Josh berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> So, can we stop supporting Windows native now?

> Why would we want to?

> The cost is small.

Surely you jest.  Windows is the single biggest PITA platform from a
portability perspective, and has been in every release cycle since we
first had a Windows port, and there is no close second.

If you have any doubts about this, please consult the commit logs over
the past week or three for a particularly painful sequence.

> ... is a burden carried mainly by those who
> care about Windows support.

Really?  Good.  I just committed my very last Windows-related fix, then.
Somebody else can deal with it.

Having thus vented, I do not seriously believe that we can drop
Windows-native.  But please don't give me any jive about how it's
a small cost to support that platform.
        regards, tom lane

PS: if you meant that as a 1-April troll, you're a day early.