Re: check_strxfrm_bug()

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: check_strxfrm_bug()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/06/2023 01:15, Thomas Munro wrote:
> There are still at least a couple
> of functions that lack XXX_l variants in the standard: mbstowcs() and
> wcstombs() (though we use the non-standard _l variants if we find them
> in <xlocale.h>), but that's OK because we use uselocale() and not
> setlocale(), because uselocale() is required to be thread-local.

Right, mbstowcs() and wcstombs() are already thread-safe, that's why
there are no _l variants of them.

> The use of setlocale() to set up the per-backend/per-database
> default locale would have to be replaced with uselocale().
This recent bug report is also related to that:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/17946-3e84cb577e9551c3%40postgresql.org.
In a nutshell, libperl calls uselocale(), which overrides the setting we
try set with setlocale().

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)

От: Richard Guo
Сообщение: Re: Remove WindowClause PARTITION BY items belonging to redundant pathkeys
От: "Fujii.Yuki@df.MitsubishiElectric.co.jp"
Сообщение: RE: Partial aggregates pushdown