Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/6/23 10:44, Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
>> I believe this is ready to commit unless there are further comments or
>> objections.
>
> I thought we were still mostly at proof-of-concept stage?

The concept is narrowly scoped enough that I think we are homing in on
the final patch.

> In particular, has anyone done any performance testing?
> I'm concerned about that because composite_to_json() has
> zero capability to cache any metadata across calls, meaning
> there is going to be a large amount of duplicated work
> per row.

I will devise some kind of test and report back. I suppose something
with many rows and many narrow columns comparing time to COPY
text/csv/json modes would do the trick?

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team