Re: dbt-2 tuning results with postgresql-8.3.5

От Mark Wong
Тема Re: dbt-2 tuning results with postgresql-8.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 7:40 AM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:

>> It appears to peak around 220 database connections:
>>
>> http://pugs.postgresql.org/node/514
>
> Interesting.  What did you use for connection pooling?

It's a fairly dumb but custom built C program for the test kit:

http://git.postgresql.org/?p=~markwkm/dbt2.git;a=summary

I think the bulk of the logic is in src/client.c, src/db_threadpool.c,
and src/transaction_queue.c.

> My tests have never stayed that flat as the connections in use
> climbed.  I'm curious why we're seeing such different results.

I'm sure the difference in workloads makes a difference.  Like you
implied earlier, I think we have to figure out what works best in for
our own workloads.

Regards,
Mark