Re: [patch] pg_basebackup: mention that spread checkpoints are the default in --help

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [patch] pg_basebackup: mention that spread checkpoints are the default in --help
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 19.10.23 11:39, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believed that spread (not fast) checkpoints are the default in
> pg_basebackup, but noticed that --help does not specify which is which -
> contrary to the reference documentation.
>
> So I propose the small attached patch to clarify that.

 >  printf(_("  -c, --checkpoint=fast|spread\n"
 >-          "                         set fast or spread
checkpointing\n"));
 >+          "                         set fast or spread (default)
checkpointing\n"));

Could we do like

   -c, --checkpoint=fast|spread
                          set fast or spread checkpointing
                          (default: spread)

This seems to be easier to read.

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: trying again to get incremental backup
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: [dynahash] do not refill the hashkey after hash_search