Re: postgres 7.0.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgres 7.0.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
nataraj@cdxc.com writes:
> I added few tables using "Create table" command. Using the psql
> commands I can querry the newly created tables and I can insert into
> and delete records from the new tables. But For some reason, If I use
> the same querries in web application, it does not return any data. In
> otherwords, the web application sees only the tables created initially
> when the database was created and it does not see the tables added
> after the creation of the tables.

Offhand I'm betting that your webserver is connecting to a different
database than the one you created the tables in.  If you aren't
careful to specify, the default is to connect to a database named the
same as your username, so it's easy to see how the webserver might be
connecting to a different db.  "psql -l" should list the databases
that your postmaster has, or you can do "select * from pg_database".