Is it possible to compress transmission data?

От Michał Niklas
Тема Is it possible to compress transmission data?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

Most of my coworkers have to work remotely and in some places internet
speed is not very well. We develop some application with PostgreSQL and
JDBC driver, so size of transmission between home (application) and work
(database server) is important. Is the data sent between server and
client compressed? If not, is it possible to turn on compression with
some JDBC connection option?

--
Best regards,
Michał Niklas