Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for BRIN indexes

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for BRIN indexes
Дата
Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for BRIN indexes  (Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/15/24 10:18, Tomas Vondra wrote:

> I'll try a bit more to make this work without the temp table.

Considering the earlier discussion in e2933a6e1, I think making the
table TEMP is the best fix, so I'll do that. Thanks for remembering that
change, Alexander!

Attached is the cleanup I thought about doing earlier in this patch [1]
to make the code more like btree. The diff might make it seem like a big
change, but it really just moves the merge code into a separate function
and makes it use using the conditional variable. I still believe the old
code is correct, but this seems like an improvement so plan to push this
soon and resolve the open item.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra