Re: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 15, 2023, at 9:11 AM, Masahiko Sawada wrote:

I assume you mean to add ReorderBufferTXN entries to the binaryheap
and then build it by comparing their sizes (i.e. txn->size). But
ReorderBufferTXN entries are removed and deallocated once the
transaction finished. How can we efficiently remove these entries from
binaryheap? I guess it would be O(n) to find the entry among the
unordered entries, where n is the number of transactions in the
reorderbuffer.

O(log n) for both functions: binaryheap_remove_first() and
binaryheap_remove_node(). I didn't read your patch but do you really need to
free entries one by one? If not, binaryheap_free().

--
Euler Taveira

Сообщение: Re: Clean up find_typedefs and add support for Mac
Сообщение: Re: Clean up find_typedefs and add support for Mac