Re: Timeline ID hexadecimal format

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Timeline ID hexadecimal format
Дата
Re: Timeline ID hexadecimal format  (Sébastien Lardière <sebastien@lardiere.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 27.01.23 14:52, Sébastien Lardière wrote:
> The attached patch proposes to change the format of timelineid from %u
> to %X.

I think your complaint has merit.  But note that if we did a change like
this, then log files or reports from different versions would have
different meaning without a visual difference, which is kind of what you
complained about in the first place.  At least we should do something
like 0x%X.

> Regarding .po files, I don't know how to manage them. Is there any
> routine to spread the modifications? Or should I identify and change
> each message?

Don't worry about this.  This is handled elsewhere.