Re: Adding foreign key constraints without integrity

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Adding foreign key constraints without integrity
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jun 21, 2006, at 8:38 AM, Wes wrote:
>> Maybe you could ask at some postgresql support companies how much
>> effort it
>> would
>> be to add a "without check" flag to "alter table add constraint
>> foreign key",
>> and
>> how much they'd charge for it...
>
> Or if I get ambitious, dig into the code myself if I can figure out
> where to
> start...

If nothing else, you should bring it up on -hackers and ask to have
this added as a TODO. It seems like a worth-while addition to pg_dump/
restore to me...

To answer another of your emails in this thread... a LAZY vacuum of
the entire database will read every table and index in the database.
Wanting to read the entire database to check for corruption is no
reason to do a VACUUM FULL. Also, if you're curious about restore
time for your upgrade, you should be doing the restore to an 8.1.4
database, not to your current version. There's been a ton of
performance improvements made. In fact, I'm wondering if constraint
checking in restore has been improved...