Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> I've not yet looked at the meson build infrastructure to
> see if it needs a corresponding change.

I think it doesn't, as long as all the relevant build targets
write their dependencies with "frontend_code" before "libpq".
(The need for this is, of course, documented nowhere.  The state
of the documentation for our meson build system is abysmal.)

However, it's hard to test this, because the meson build
seems completely broken on current macOS:

-----
$ meson setup build --prefix=$HOME/pginstall
The Meson build system
Version: 0.64.1
Source dir: /Users/tgl/pgsql
Build dir: /Users/tgl/pgsql/build
Build type: native build
Project name: postgresql
Project version: 17devel

meson.build:9:0: ERROR: Unable to detect linker for compiler `cc -Wl,--version`
stdout:
stderr: ld: unknown options: --version

A full log can be found at /Users/tgl/pgsql/build/meson-logs/meson-log.txt
-----

That log file offers no more detail than the terminal output did.

(I also tried with a more recent meson version, 1.1.1, with
the same result.)