Re: psql \watch 2nd argument: iteration count

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql \watch 2nd argument: iteration count
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 13.03.23 02:17, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> I am not sure that this will be the last option we'll ever add to
>> \watch, so I'd rather have us choose a design more flexible than
>> what's proposed here, in a way similar to \g or \gx.

> On the other hand, we also have option syntax in \connect that is like
> -foo.  Would that be a better match here?  We should maybe decide before
> we diverge and propagate two different option syntaxes in backslash
> commands.

Reasonable point to raise, but I think \connect's -reuse-previous
is in the minority.  \connect itself can use option=value syntax
in the conninfo string (in fact, I guess -reuse-previous was spelled
that way in hopes of not being confusable with a conninfo option).
We also have option=value in the \g and \gx commands.  I don't see
any other psql metacommands that use options spelled like -foo.

In short, I'm satisfied with the current answer.  There's still
time to debate it though.