Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes

От Andrei Lepikhov
Тема Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 14/3/2024 16:31, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 2:16 PM Andrei Lepikhov
> <a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru <mailto:a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru>> wrote:
>  > On 13/3/2024 18:05, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
>  > > On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 7:52 AM Andrei Lepikhov
>  > > Given all of the above, I think moving transformation to the
>  > > canonicalize_qual() would be the right way to go.
>  > Ok, I will try to move the code.
>  > I have no idea about the timings so far. I recall the last time I got
>  > bogged down in tons of duplicated code. I hope with an almost-ready
>  > sketch, it will be easier.
>
> Thank you!  I'll be looking forward to the updated patch.
Okay, I moved the 0001-* patch to the prepqual.c module. See it in the
attachment. I treat it as a transient patch.
It has positive outcomes as well as negative ones.
The most damaging result you can see in the partition_prune test:
partition pruning, in some cases, moved to the executor initialization
stage. I guess, we should avoid it somehow in the next version.

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov

Вложения

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Support json_errdetail in FRONTEND builds
От: jian he
Сообщение: Re: remaining sql/json patches