Re: Unwanted time zone conversion

От Rob Richardson
Тема Re: Unwanted time zone conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

To answer my own question, at least partially:  I added a new timestamp without time zone column to my copy of the database, and I copied the data from the event_date column into it using “at time zone ‘utc’ “.  I have other times stored in the database in both local and UTC time, so the new column gives me direct correlation to times stored in UTC fields.

RobR

From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Rob Richardson
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 9:57 AM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] Unwanted time zone conversion

Greetings!

I am in the eastern US trying to track down events that occurred at a customer site in Vietnam.  I decided it would be easier to look at their database on my machine instead of wrestling with a VNC connection half way around the world.  So, I used PGAdmin to take a backup of their database, and then I restored it onto my computer.  The table I’m interested in now has a column named event_date of type timestamp with time zone.  On the customer’s computer, the time zone is +07.  On my computer, the time zone is -04.

Is there a way to restore the database onto my computer, leaving the time zone in that column unchanged?

Thank you very much!

RobR