Re: Cluster::restart dumping logs when stop fails

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Cluster::restart dumping logs when stop fails
Дата
Re: Cluster::restart dumping logs when stop fails  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 7 Apr 2024, at 18:28, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>
> On 2024-04-07 16:52:05 +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

>>> We should enhance slurp_file() so it uses SEEK_END if the offset is negative.
>>
>> Absolutely agree.  Reading the thread I think Andres argues for not printing
>> anything at all in this case but we should support negative offsets anyways, it
>> will fort sure come in handy.
>
> I'm ok with printing path + some content or just the path.

I think printing the last 512 bytes or so would be a good approach, I'll take
care of it later tonight. That would be a backpatchable change IMHO.

--
Daniel Gustafsson