Re: dbf2pg, visual foxpro and other nonsense

От Jeremy Buchmann
Тема Re: dbf2pg, visual foxpro and other nonsense
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Tuesday, July 9, 2002, at 10:27 AM, Mike McCormac wrote:

> i've been importing older foxpro tables (x-base files) into postgresql
> with much success using dbf2pg... however, visual foxpro files don't
> seem to work — i just get an error.
>
> does anyone know of any successful means of importing this data
> directly?  our backend application is built in java... are there any
> good solutions with JDBC??

You can copy the Foxpro tables to text and then copy them into Pg.

The problem is, Foxpro likes to make its data "dirty" by surrounding text
with quotes, inserting newlines for no reason and things like that, so
you may need to write a script or something that strips all that crap
out.

Have fun.

--Jeremy