От Drouvot, Bertrand
Тема Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 12/1/23 12:06 PM, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 3:24 PM Drouvot, Bertrand
> <bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think I'm fine with documenting the fact that the user should not change the failover
>> value. But if he does change it (because at the end nothing prevents it to do so) then
>> I think the meaning of subfailoverstate should still make sense.
>>

> How user can change the slot's failover property? Do we provide any
> command for it?

It's doable, using a replication connection:

"
$ psql replication=database
psql (17devel)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# ALTER_REPLICATION_SLOT logical_slot6 (FAILOVER false);
ALTER_REPLICATION_SLOT
"

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

От: Richard Guo
Сообщение: A wrong comment about search_indexed_tlist_for_var