Re: Remove source code display from \df+?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Remove source code display from \df+?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> st 11. 1. 2023 v 19:31 odesílatel Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
> napsal:
>> This is only about Internal and C, isn't it? Isn't the oid of these
>> static, and identified by INTERNALlanguageId and ClanguageId respectively?
>> So we could just have the query show the prosrc column if the language oid
>> is one of those two, and otherwise show "Please use \sf to view the
>> source"?

> I think it can be acceptable - maybe we can rename the column "source code"
> like "internal name" or some like that.

Yeah, "source code" has always been kind of a misnomer for these
languages.

> again I don't think printing  "Please use \sf to view the source"? " often
> can be user friendly.  \? is clear and \sf is easy to use

We could shorten it to "See \sf" or something like that.  But if we change
the column header to "internal name" or the like, then the column just
obviously doesn't apply for non-internal languages, so leaving it null
should be fine.