Re: BUG #8893: Precompiler ECPG doesn't check Var-List in Select corrrect.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #8893: Precompiler ECPG doesn't check Var-List in Select corrrect.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Boszormenyi Zoltan <zboszor@pr.hu> writes:
>> Unfortunately, that's legal SQL syntax: stoerzeit_a11 is taken as a column
>> alias for sugru_9, even without AS in front of it.

> Still, this particular problem may be caught by the preprocessor.
> The SELECT targetlist is not "*", so the number of members for both
> the targetlist and the user structure (INTO :s_schichtsatz) are known.

Yeah, good point.  There was a comparable complaint a couple days ago
about plpgsql not checking its INTO target count carefully enough.
In both cases we could improve the odds of catching an error, even if
it wouldn't be perfect.