Re: Possible bug: SQL function parameter in window frame definition

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Possible bug: SQL function parameter in window frame definition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> "Tom" == Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>  Tom> Also, in HEAD I'd be inclined to add assertions about utilityStmt
>  Tom> being NULL.

> Tried this. The assertion is hit:

> Any suggestions where best to fix this? transformRuleStmt could be
> taught to skip a lot of the per-Query stuff it does in the event that
> the Query is actually a NOTIFY, or a check for NOTIFY could be added
> further down the stack, e.g. in rangeTableEntry_used. Any preferences?

Hm.  transformRuleStmt already does special-case utility statements to
some extent, so my inclination would be to make it do more of that.
However, it looks like that might end up with rather spaghetti-ish
code, as that function is kind of messy already.

Or we could abandon the notion of adding the assertion.  I don't
know how much work it's worth.