Re: compiling source code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: compiling source code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    I was just telling one of the ways to avoid the conflicts. It
generally happens that a newbie adds the cygwin paths to the env
variables and if he forgets to remove those, then, you know better,
which tools he'd be using!!! In such cases, a less experienced person
would just give up.
   I remember that if I hadn't had that small peice of advice from
AumAum, I was on the verge of giving up on trying the mingw
installation aftar failing 3 times!!!

<quote>
It's crucial to crack the tarballs into /mingw (C:\msys\n.n\mingw),
because if you crack any of them into / (C:\msys\n.n), you'll cause
some subtle conflicts between MSYS and the MinGW tools which will
cause your compilations to fail.
</quote>from http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/RealDumbQuickstart
    So my suggestion was just to at least rename the folder
temporarily till sibel gets everything started.
   Moreover, I dont think one would need cygwin after having mingw. I
might be wrong!
   Yes, I agree your approach is more non-intrusive.
   Sibel, just add the method of 'removing cygwin's paths from
environment variables (if they exist)' to the top of the
pre-requisites-list before you try installing mingw.
   Sorry for uiintentionally misleading someone, if I did!

Regards,
Gurjeet