Re: TAP / recovery-test fs-level backups, psql enhancements etc

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: TAP / recovery-test fs-level backups, psql enhancements etc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> This upset buildfarm members running prehistoric Perl versions because
> is_passing was added after 5.8.8.

Sir, RHEL6 is not prehistoric ... and this is failing on my server too.
I'm not sure when "is_passing" was added, but it was later than 5.10.1.

> Fix attached.

Will check and apply.

> I think I'm going to have to do an archaeology-grade Perl install, there's
> just too much to keep an eye on manually. Ugh.
> Why do we requite a 10yo Perl anyway?

The point of running ancient versions in the buildfarm is so that we
don't move the goalposts on software compatibility without knowing it.
When we come across a good reason to desupport an old Perl or Tcl or
whatever version, we'll do it; but having to add another ten lines or
so of code doesn't seem like a good reason.