Re: glibc qsort() vulnerability

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: glibc qsort() vulnerability
Дата
Re: glibc qsort() vulnerability  (Mats Kindahl <mats@timescale.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> writes:
> Even if the glibc issue doesn't apply to Postgres, I'm tempted to suggest
> that we make it project policy that comparison functions must be
> transitive.  There might be no real issues today, but if we write all
> comparison functions the way Mats is suggesting, it should be easier to
> reason about overflow risks.

A comparison routine that is not is probably broken, agreed.
I didn't look through the details of the patch --- I was more
curious whether we had a version of the qsort bug, because
if we do, we should fix that too.

Сообщение: Re: glibc qsort() vulnerability
Сообщение: Re: glibc qsort() vulnerability