Re: Obsolete comment within execTuples.c

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Obsolete comment within execTuples.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> writes:
> Header comments within execTuples.c state:
>  * - ExecutePlan() calls ExecSelect(), which passes the result slot
>  *  to printtup(), which uses slot_getallattrs() to extract the
>  *  individual Datums for printing.

> This isn't true, though - the function ExecSelect() no longer exists.

Hmm ... the adjacent comment about EndPlan is obsolete too, since
that function is now called ExecEndPlan.

I think the basic problem in both cases is that it didn't occur to us
to go looking for references to a static function in files other than
the one containing the static function.

More generally, though, it seems like the header comments in execTuples.c
are not the best place to document global behavior ...