Re: Issue Identifying RPMS for a specific dot version of PostgreSQL

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: Issue Identifying RPMS for a specific dot version of PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,
On Mon, 2024-04-22 at 23:22 +0000, Cartwright, Nicholas    RTX wrote:
> I am looking for the rpm packages to install PostgreSQL 14.10 for RHEL
> 8 x86_64 in an offline enviroment. However, the repo appears to have
> all 14.x subversions mixed together. I was wondering which RPMS are
> for just for deploying 14.10 and how might I go downloading all at
> once as opposed to downloading every rpm individually?

They are here:
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/14/redhat/rhel-8-x86_64/

See the packages marked at 14.10-2 . These are the minimum set:

postgresql14-14.10-2
postgresql14-libs-14.10-2
postgresql14-server-14.10-2

Installing -contrib subpackage is also a good idea:

postgresql14-contrib-14.10-2

(Just search for exactly the same packages in the URL above). Download
them manually and move to the other instance. Please note that -contrib
subpackage may need other RPMs as dependencies (mostly perl stuff), so
you may also need to download them from another RHEL 8 instance.

-HTH

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor