Re: slony question

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: slony question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
scott.marlowe@gmail.com ("Scott Marlowe") writes:
> On Dec 10, 2007 2:19 PM, Chris Browne <cbbrowne@acm.org> wrote:
>> joshques@gmail.com ("Josh Harrison") writes:
>> > Does slony support postgres major version upgrade ? ie., will it
>> > replicate between different major versions?
>>
>> Yes, that's one of the major "use cases" for Slony-I.
>>
>> Version 1.0 and 1.1 support (loosely) from PostgreSQL 7.3 to 8.1-ish.
>>
>> Version 1.2 dropped 7.3 support, but supports up to (just about;
>> there's a patch not in a 1.2 release that is needed for late-breaking
>> 8.3 changes) 8.3.
>
> Didn't 1.2 drop support for pg 7.4 as well?  I thought I remembered
> reading that some time ago.

Well, that would mean that some of the testing I have been continuing
to do would be pretty useless ;-).

We still have one instance of 7.4 in production, where we'll want to
migrate to 8.something in the new year.  It still seems nice to have
the option of possibly upgrading to new Slony-I before upgrading to
8.x, rather than being forced to do otherwise ;-).
--
output = reverse("ofni.sesabatadxunil" "@" "enworbbc")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/sgml.html