Re: Change the name

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Change the name
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
greg@turnstep.com ("Greg Sabino Mullane") writes:
>> The next step of this process is NOT a poll.  The next step of "should we
>> do it or not" is a rough draft of a plan which shows all of the "costs" of
>> changing the name and how we're going to meet them, as well as the Pros
>> and Cons of changing vs. not changing.
>
> Excellent point, Josh, I think we've outgrown a mailing list.  I made a
> quick wiki page. Pleae let Neil or myself know if anyone needs editing privs:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Postgres

I added a section to it documenting "Tasks in the Upgrading The Name
Project."

It may make sense to start by populating that with some set of
"brainstormed" items.

It might then make sense to classify those between:
- Tasks that are Certainly Necessary
- Tasks that are Certainly Unnecessary

I put in a few things that I thought of, but haven't attempted
classification, as that seems premature.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "linuxfinances.info")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/lisp.html