Re: Release Notes?

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Release Notes?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
pavan.deolasee@gmail.com ("Pavan Deolasee") writes:
> On 9/17/07, Hale Boyes, Kevin <Kevin.HaleBoyes@encana.com> wrote:
>
>           Chris Browne wrote:
>      > Let me note that a pretty nice list of features is being collected
>      >   here: http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/WhatsNew83
>
>      A small correction.  HOT stands for Heap Only Tuple.
>

> Right. The text is based on stale information. HOT stands for Heap Only
> Tuple and the restriction about not changing tuple length during
> UPDATEs has been removed.  HOT optimizes a special but important
> case where UPDATE does not change any index key columns
> or columns referenced in index expressions
> and predicates. HOT helps early reclaim of dead space in a table, thus
> reducing the need for frequent VACUUM and reduces relation
> and index bloat.

I have updated the Wiki with that text.  Of course, it would probably
be more efficient of time to make the change directly, cutting out
middlecritters who can misread things :-).
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://linuxfinances.info/info/lisp.html