Re: [GENERAL] OS X 10.11.3, psql, bus error 10, 9.5.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] OS X 10.11.3, psql, bus error 10, 9.5.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> On 12 Mar 2016 10:58 pm, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I shall get rid of the const-ness, as well as the lame casting away
>> of it, and I think I will also go make buildfarm member longfin use
>> "-fno-common".  It is truly sad that we apparently have no test
>> machine that enforces that const means const ...

> It looks like this would also be useful for catching any mistakes where we
> might have defined a variable in two different files or missed an "extern".
> Though I'm not sure the failures will be very obvious.

The answer is that a failure looks like this:

duplicate symbol _FeBeWaitSet in:   access/common/printtup.o   access/transam/parallel.o
duplicate symbol _FeBeWaitSet in:   access/common/printtup.o   commands/async.o
duplicate symbol _FeBeWaitSet in:   access/common/printtup.o   commands/copy.o
duplicate symbol _FeBeWaitSet in:   access/common/printtup.o   libpq/be-secure.o
duplicate symbol _FeBeWaitSet in:   access/common/printtup.o   libpq/auth.o
duplicate symbol _FeBeWaitSet in:   access/common/printtup.o   libpq/hba.o
duplicate symbol _FeBeWaitSet in:   access/common/printtup.o   libpq/pqcomm.o
... etc etc ...

See:

http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=longfin&dt=2016-03-21%2011%3A49%3A13

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=7fa0064092e135415a558dc3c4d7393d14ab6d8e