RE: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql

От Tang, Haiying
Тема RE: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Sun, 07 Feb 2021 13:55:00 -0500, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in

> This looks like you're trying to force case-insensitive behavior
> whether that is appropriate or not.  Does not sound like a good idea.

I'm still confused about the APPROPRIATE behavior of tab completion.
It seems ALTER table/tablespace <name> SET/RESET is already case-insensitive.

For example
# alter tablespace dbspace set(e[tab]
# alter tablespace dbspace set(effective_io_concurrency

# alter tablespace dbspace set(E[tab]
# alter tablespace dbspace set(EFFECTIVE_IO_CONCURRENCY

The above behavior is exactly the same as what the patch(attached in the following message) did for SET/RESET etc.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/a63cbd45e3884cf9b3961c2a6a95dcb7%40G08CNEXMBPEKD05.g08.fujitsu.local

If anyone can share me some cases which show inappropriate scenarios of forcing case-insensitive inputs in psql.
I'd be grateful for that.

Regards,
Tang