Re: Install Postgres on a SAN volume?

От Douglas McNaught
Тема Re: Install Postgres on a SAN volume?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 6:18 PM, William Garrison <postgres@mobydisk.com> wrote:
> 2) We could install PostgreSQL onto the C: drive and then configure the data folder to be
> on the SAN volume (Z:)

You want this.  If you're going to take snapshots, you need all the
data files AND the transaction logs to be in the snapshot.  Putting
the application files on the SAN probably won't hurt, but won't really
help either (as it's likely that all the application code will stay in
memory once the system is running).

You can put the text logfiles on a local drive if you want.

-Doug

Сообщение: Re: Install Postgres on a SAN volume?
Сообщение: Re: Install Postgres on a SAN volume?