Re: AWS forcing PG upgrade from v9.6 a disaster

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: AWS forcing PG upgrade from v9.6 a disaster
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 5/29/21 3:59 PM, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator) wrote:

> Meanwhile, I've been doing some checking.  If I remove "CAST(
> license_status AS CHAR ) = 'A'", the problem disappears.  Changing the
> JOIN to a RIGHT JOIN, & replacing WHERE with ON, also "solves" the
> problem, but there is an extra row where license_status is NULL, due
> to the RIGHT JOIN.  Currently trying to figure that out (why did the
> CAST ... match 'A', if it is null?)...

Why are you using this expression? It's something you almost never want
to do in my experience. Why not use the substr() function to get the
first character?

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: AWS forcing PG upgrade from v9.6 a disaster
Сообщение: Re: AWS forcing PG upgrade from v9.6 a disaster