Re: pgsql: Remove command checks in tests of pg_basebackup and pg_receivewa

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove command checks in tests of pg_basebackup and pg_receivewa
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 2022-05-02 Mo 03:06, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Sun, May 01, 2022 at 10:18:37AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> IIRC we know that tar will be available on Windows.
> What about gzip?  Are the binaries and the libraries split into
> different packages for this package manager on Windows?  We've never
> assumed that this is possible on ./configure, but it would make sense
> to make MSVC able to manage this case.

vcpkg doesn't install any.exe files AFAICS, just DLLs, headers, .lib
files etc.

>> I don't think we should do that check for every time we call
>> vc_regress.pl, that seems wasteful. Maybe do it if the command is one
>> that might require these commands, which I think would be bincheck or
>> taptest. And/Or stash some status somewhere?
> Mostly.  We also care about gzip in contrib/basebackup_to_shell/,
> though contribcheck does not run the TAP tests of contrib/ modules.
> As you say, setting up those variables in bincheck and taptest would
> be enough.

That would be a start. Maybe meson will us get rid of some of this mess ...

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix misleading comments about background worker registration.