Re: Application name patch - v2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Application name patch - v2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
daveg <daveg@sonic.net> writes:
> I'd like a default, especially for psql, to help identify interactive sessions.

psql can certainly provide a default, and maybe even do something
actually useful like report the -f file it's running.  The question here
is whether it is worth the trouble for libpq to try to report an appname
*without* the surrounding application's cooperation.  I don't think so.
You are talking dozens if not hundreds of lines of unportable code,
versus one line (per app) of entirely portable code.

Сообщение: Re: Postgres server goes in recovery mode repeteadly
Сообщение: Re: Postgres server goes in recovery mode repeteadly