Re: Avg/max size of these JSON docs in Postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Avg/max size of these JSON docs in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Lewis <mlewis@entrata.com> writes:
> Just to confirm- The compression associated with TOAST is only if the value
> can fit in line, right? Columns don't get stored out-of-line in a toast
> table as a compressed value as I read the documentation. I suppose that
> would make reads a bit crazy.

The default behavior is first to compress any large field value(s),
and then if the row is still too big, push them out-of-line in
compressed form.  You can modify that strategy on a per-column
basis if need be, but I've seldom heard good reasons to.

Сообщение: Re: Avg/max size of these JSON docs in Postgres
Сообщение: Re: Avg/max size of these JSON docs in Postgres