Re: BUG #18453: --exclude-database has problems with capital letters

От Jernej Simončič
Тема Re: BUG #18453: --exclude-database has problems with capital letters
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On sreda, 01. maj 2024, 02:09:29, David G. Johnston wrote:

> There is no bug here.  The pattern specified doesn’t quote the identifier so it is folded to lowercase.

Ah, I missed that pattern is folded to lower-case.

> You will need to deal with getting quotes into the pattern while dealing with the fact your OS uses quotes for its
ownpurpose.

On Windows the program itself deals with splitting the command line to arguments – Windows just passes everything as a
singlestring (though the C library does abstract this away, so in this case --exclude-database="\"Lidar\"" or even
--exclude-database=\"Lidar\"works).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><><><><><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >