Re: Statistics Import and Export

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Statistics Import and Export
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> writes:
>> I didn't have any specific proposal in mind, was just trying to think
>> outside the box.

> What if we added a separate resection SECTION_STATISTICS which is run
> following post-data?

Maybe, but that would have a lot of side-effects on pg_dump's API
and probably on some end-user scripts.  I'd rather not.

I haven't looked at the details, but I'm really a bit surprised
by Jeff's assertion that CREATE INDEX destroys statistics on the
base table.  That seems wrong from here, and maybe something we
could have it not do.  (I do realize that it recalculates reltuples
and relpages, but so what?  If it updates those, the results should
be perfectly accurate.)

Сообщение: Re: Security lessons from liblzma
Сообщение: Re: Security lessons from liblzma