Re: driver source code indentation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: driver source code indentation
Дата
Re: driver source code indentation
Список pgsql-jdbc
Barry Lind <barry@xythos.com> writes:
> I am OK with the style used for the C code.  However I would like the
> following additional step done for the java code:  replace all tabs with
> spaces.

I disagree with this, because then we are *not* applying the same coding
standards in the backend and in JDBC.  If you want to propose that we
dispense with tabs throughout the system, feel free to propose that ---
but it was shot down last time and likely will be again.

I personally concur that four-space tabs is a horrible standard, and
would much rather see us using eight-space tab stops.  But I haven't
been able to obtain any significant consensus for that view.  Some
developers apparently use editors where a physical tab character needs
to equal the logical indent amount...