Re: Protocol buffer support for Postgres

От Álvaro Hernández Tortosa
Тема Re: Protocol buffer support for Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 24/06/16 14:23, Flavius Anton wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Flavius Anton <f.v.anton@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I thought quite a bit about this a few years ago but never really
>>> picked up it to work on.
> Any other thoughts on this? My guess is that it might be an important
> addition to Postgres that can attract even more users, but I am not
> sure if there's enough interest from the community. If I want to pick
> this task, how should I move forward? Do I need to write a design
> document or similar or should I come up with a patch that implements a
> draft prototype? I am new to this community and don't know the code
> yet, so I'd appreciate some guidance from an older, more experienced
> member.

    Other than protobuf, there are also other serialization formats
that might be worth considering. Not too long ago I suggested working
specifically on serialization formas for the json/jsonb types:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/56CB8A62.40100%408kdata.com I
believe this effort is on the same boat.
    Álvaro

--

Álvaro Hernández Tortosa

8Kdata

От: Flavius Anton
Сообщение: Re: Protocol buffer support for Postgres
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Cleanup in contrib/postgres_fdw/deparse.c