Re: 9.6 -> 10.0

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: 9.6 -> 10.0
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 05/09/2016 08:39 AM, Devrim Gündüz wrote:

> Eventually, before releasing 9.6beta1, to make the packagers lives easier, I
> want to push for a change again. Let's stop being conservative, and mark this
> release as 10.0.

The argument boils down to this:

There is no technical reason to name it 10.0 so why would we?

Because it grants a larger advocacy opportunity and shows the amount of
effort that went into 9.6Devel/10.0.

There is every advocacy reason to name it 10.0 so why wouldn't we?

Because it will potentially cheapen the value of moving to 11.0 unless
we are predictably conservative about our release versioning process.

JD

                         +1-503-667-4564