Re: BUG #14109: pg_rewind fails to update target control file in one scenario

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: BUG #14109: pg_rewind fails to update target control file in one scenario
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 25/04/2016 17:45, John Lumby wrote:
>> From: julien.rouhaud@dalibo.com
>>
>> Did you set the recovery_target_timeline parameter to "latest" in the
>> recovery.conf file? (see
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/recovery-target-settings.html).
>
> Thanks Julien,  no  I did not,     I will re-test with that later,  on 9.5.2
> Meanwhile one question on that.   The documentation states
>    "Setting this to latest recovers
>         to the latest timeline found in the archive, which ..."
> However I am running my systems with
> archive_mode = off
> I am wondering whether
>  recovery_target_timeline parameter = "latest"
> is expected to work reliably  to fix my particular problem when archiving is not in effect.

I'm not sure where it's documented, but the timeline change works with
log shipping, and since 9.3 with streaming replication.

That's why Michael previously said: "System A is still on its previous
timeline 11, and will jump
to timeline 12 once it has connected back. That's possible since 9.3."

--
Julien Rouhaud
http://dalibo.com - http://dalibo.org