Re: Refactor pg_dump as a library?

От Andreas Karlsson
Тема Re: Refactor pg_dump as a library?
Дата
Re: Refactor pg_dump as a library?  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Re: Refactor pg_dump as a library?  (David Steele <david@pgmasters.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/14/2016 12:22 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:
> I'd find a pg_get_tabledef(...) built-in function more interesting for
> this particular purpose than pg_dump as a library would be. We already
> have pg_get_viewdef(...), pg_get_functiondef(...) etc.

I am personally not a fan of the pg_get_Xdef() functions due to their
heavy reliance on the syscache which feels rather unsafe in combination
with concurrent DDL. I would not be surprised if we have some low
probability bugs which cause inconsistent backups there which just has
not hit enough people yet to have been reported. And this problem will
only get worse as we reduce the lock level of more DDL.

Andreas